#BPIRECIPES – Halloween No-Bake Pumpkin Protein Cheese Cupcakes
- May 3, 2016
It’s that time of the year again––when the term “fun-size” starts popping up in office candy bowls around the country along with boxes of orange-frosted doughnuts brought in by a well-meaning co-worker (thanks a lot, well-meaning co-worker!).
But let's face it--in the long run, those treats typically end up as more of a bodily trick. What's a health-minded sweet tooth to do?
Meet Chef Geo. He’s the culinary mastermind behind ProTreats (http://protreats.com/). Nice guy. And not just because he can whip up a batch of guilt-free and protein-rich sweet treats on the fly…although that definitely doesn’t hurt. Don’t believe us? Just check out his Instagram (https://instagram.com/protreats) page. See?
We've asked him to channel the Halloween spirit and make some spooky treats using our BPI S'mores ISO HD whey protein. It's the purest form of protein we offer--and because it's blended with hydrolysates, it's easily digestible making that pesky whey bloat practically non-existent.
The best part? It's absolutely filling and provides you with some heavy hitting protein, minus the added sugars and calories. All treat, no tricks
- 1 scoop of BPI S’mores ISO HD whey protein
- 1 cup of vanilla almonds
- 1 cup of dates
- A dash of vanilla
- A pinch of salt
- 2 Tbs. of coconut oil
- Blend all of the above ingredients in a food processor and set aside.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Add a spoonful of the base to each tin and press down with the bottom of a glass to flatten-out the base.
- 2 scoops of BPI S’mores ISO HD whey protein
- 6 Tbs. of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup of fat free cream cheese
- Zest of an orange
- 5 Tbs. of zero-calorie pancake syrup
- ½ cup of Greek yogurt
- ½ cup of fat free cottage cheese
- In a food processor, blend all of the above ingredients until it reaches a smooth, creamy orange consistency.
- Pour the topping onto the cupcake base and place in freezer for 30 minutes to stiffen up before eating.
- Scrape some of the orange zest on top of each cupcake and decorate with your favorite Halloween sprinkles.
*Nutrition facts may vary depending upon ingredients used and portion size
Share your BPI Recipes with us on Instagram using the hashtag #BPIRecipes and if we REPOST YOUR IMAGE or VIDEO, you receive a Full Bottle of our New BEST PROTEIN along with some BPI Swag!
NEW WINNER Every Week!
Chef Geo is a member of Team BPI Sports.